We realize this is all verbal masturbation, Matt. I just thought this would be a lot more fun than the usual "my god exists"/"no he doesn't" word play.

The challenge remains open to any that would use science in a theological context. Here is an experiments that you can use to prove the many god hypothesis:

Take the cancer victem scenerio. Pray to different gods. If they consistently get better, then this is evidence of multiple gods. After all, at least in christianity, it is a big no-no to put one god above another and thus by theological tenets if there is consistent healing by appeasing to different deitys, then one can surmise that different gods are in charge.

Now this same experiement can also be used to validate the one-god hypothesis... if only one group gets consistently better and that one group is always under one god, we can infer that this is the correct deity.

While I'm not suggesting that anyone actually set this experiment up (though that would be AWESOME), I think we could find internet/book/reference evidence from different deities to show which of the above is true.

My personal Hypothesis?
1) There is no evidence of consistent healing by any religion.
2) Where there is consistent healing (such as the "miracle" sites), we see these crop up in every religion thus indicating that there are either many gods or that another force is at work (say, the human psyche for example).

Play or don't. Like any other thread, if you don't want to play, butt out and let it die a natural death. You just come off as pricks by consistently coming in and saying nothing more than "this is stupid". Yes, we know, we get it, it's stupid, it's pointless, move on Matt.