Quote:

Why do you believe any of this happened?

I dont know, I think it is just instinctual, an inherent tendency. Why do you doubt it?

Quote:

Humankind's inherent sense of right and wrong cannot be biologically explained.
There arises in all of us, of any culture, universal feelings of right and wrong. Even a thief gets upset and feels wronged when someone steals from him. If someone violently grabs a child from a family and rapes that child, there is an anger and revulsion and a rage to confront that act as evil, regardless of the culture. Where did we get this sense of wrongness? How do we explain a universal law in the conscience of all people that says murder for fun is wrong?

And in areas like courage, dying for a cause, love, dignity, duty and compassion, where did these come from? If people are merely products of physical evolution, "survival of the fittest," why do we sacrifice for each other? Where did we get this inner sense of right and wrong?

The above is actually a quote from someone else, it is related to what I consider an inner conscience and an inner tendency to believe, which helps answer your question.

If you look at the facts objectively, and if you know anything about people, debates and arguments you will understand that we form arguments based upon inner bias which is established before the facts of the argument are even in place. You pose an interesting question when you ask why I believe in Jesus, but the same question might be asked of you, why dont you believe?

Last edited by NITRO777; 03/18/06 14:00.