Quote:

However I shortly noticed the amount of data send from the server to my computer letting our bill rise pretty high (volume limited account, free to 2GB or something)

Yes using the TS server is like listening to MP3's when ever their is voice transfer, so if you are charged by usage and your limit is very low, you do need to consider this. However according to the server log there has not been a huge amount of audio traffic, and I suspect not enough to cause a significant spike in your usage.

Just to avoid any major concerns about this, the codec running in most of our channels is 16.4kbits per second, this gives good enough quality while keeping the bandwidth low.

I have noticed people hanging around in the AFK channel which I have now set to the highest compression giving 3.4Kbit as that is not a chat channel, so voice quality is not important.

This will reduce bandwidth further. Of course its also worth pointing out that TeamSpeak is a game chat program, and is designed to use as little bandwidth as needed, so it really shouldn't be creating spiked usage, and certainly not several GB, so you might want to look into that more Thunder. Visit http://www.goteamspeak.com for more information.

Quote:

So anyone else?

As you know I will be in TS most days, usually around 12:00GMT, although this last couple of weeks I have been away from my home office and down at the studios, so have not had time to be on much. Im back now, so should be back to usual

Last edited by indiGLOW; 06/05/06 10:51.

The Art of Conversation is dead : Discuss