Quote:

Hi, I'd like to make a few points about this program..

I'm on the market for a good terrain program that works well with 3DGS. This looks like it fits the bill. All I've heard from people is that it's a wonderful program and well worth the 13 Euros it goes for.

Now here's what really gets on my nerves:

There's no 'Try before you buy' demo, where one could presumably TRY OUT the program before paying for it. Did you ever buy a car before taking it for a test drive? No? Oh, well then. And oh yes, about the 'demo level' that's included... How the heck am I supposed to open it? It's just a bunch of MDL files and one .icx file which obviously can't be opened in WED. Sure, I can open the MDL files and play with them a bit, but I don't see the finished product, and even if this demo level came complete, I still have no freakin clue how the editor works, or whether I'll even like it or not.

Everything is in German. I got frustrated to the point where I was ready to fork over the ~20$ CAD to pay for the damn thing just so I could test it out. But guess what? the paypal page is in German. Way to go, you just lost a sale. Plus, most Paypal online store plugins allow the user to purchase without having to set up a Paypal account (direct purchase via CC). Can't do that for IceX 2.0.

Now, seeing as how I'm a guy who likes to TEST something before blindly shelling out cash for it, and that I speak ENGLISH and don't have a Paypal account, how inclined am I to purchase this program?

That just made my day

Hehehe.

Cool off buddy... if you won't want to buy it, don't. Don't get all pissed off because it isn't the way you want it.

I no longer post on these forums, keep in touch with me via:
Linkedin.com
My MSDN blog