big thanks for both of you!

i am now doing the following: i c_move on the host for the player, later ill use a simple pathfinding from the aum for the player. i think c_move is the way to go since this gives the opportunity of easy collision handling. i dont know if it runs smooth with 50 entities doing c_move at the same time. ill see ...

i then send his position 4 times a second to the client in a variable with send_var.
the client has a local entity created with ent_createlocal and moves this entity with interpolation like william posted his example.
it lags a bit behind but thats totally okay! to fix the problem where i receive a short position and then nothing so the player waits short i just do a little trick.
i continue to move the player to the direction the last position was, its likeley that the next update is somewhere near, so the movement is smooth. even if the next position is around the corner its not such a big problem since interpolation turns smoothly then. and with 4 updates a second its not a big deal, you wont notice the way you walked to far.

i even tested updating only 2 times a second, this still works quite good and i get as low as 28 average bps!

now the only thinks iam still not happy about is that when the host has a high movespeed it looks good on the hosts machine, very smooth.
but on the client its a bit choppy, its okay but you see the difference. maybe this is because i test at one computer? i have to test it with my second pc if this is also the case then...

so to sum up right now it works like this: move player on host computer with c_move, send_var to client 4 times a sec., move client with interpolation directly without c_move.

ill post the code in the near future when its cleaned up and commented.

@william, you say you use ent_rate, so you must send everything in skills? how is your system set up? do you create only one entity for a game entity?

i plan to use fixed pointers for each player, like entity* player1... and update those pointers at the server when a client joins or leaves the game. then i want to use variables and arrays to send stuff.