thanks william, ill test later how it works with more computers. i noticed you set the nosend flags one by one. are you using some things of the internal a6 sending? you could just send nosend with my.nosend = on; instead of all those single instructions.

in my lan simulation it works quite well with the positions, shure the clients lag a little bit behind but they arrive almost at the same time at the same point.

i did normalize the vector where the player moves to, so that there is constant movement. i dont want this starting slow, moving normal, ending slow kind of movement.

i assume you are already using some kind of input prediction for each client? so that they directly see the results of their inputs? its described in that source link. use almost the same code like on the server to display the actions a client presses directly. then you check from time to time if the client is on a different position like on the server simulation and if this is the case correct the position towards the server position slowly. so at least each client gets the feeling that his inputs are processed directly.

for the other cars you can either live with the little lagtime or use extrapolation/dead reckoning. thats what the standard conitec multiplayer system does i think. it calculates the position where an entity "should" be given the previous movement and predicts it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_reckoning i remember there are some good gamasutra articles about that but havent found the link right now.

i havent looked in depth into it yet because i can live with that little delay in my game. i will however post the code once i got the movement working like i want.

i start the movement once the position of the server entity is a little bit away from the position on the client and end it when the client is near the server position.