15.05.06 wow, thanks again william. i didnt know handle() does work in multiplayer as you have ent_createlocal. so i guess the handle works only for entities created with ent_create? anyways good to know it seems to work altough its a little bit unlogic for me.

now i see why having all entities created by ent_createlocal is not a good idea unless you have a fixed number of entities.
its a mess when trying to display whos already joined and who not. not to mention npcs and so on. you have to send a lot of status variables back and forth indicating what happend to wich entity.

i think ill rewrite my entity handling code from scratch keeping the working chat and cleaning all the unneeded parts. ill then go the way with ent_create.

another interesting thing i noticed: we tested the movementcode with 4 updates a second via the internet. it was very smooth in the first test, like it is in lan. the second test a weaker connection was host. the movement sometimes stopped for all entities on the clients machine at the same time.
i guess this is due to a missing/delayed packet of the positionvector. so i have to take care of that in the movementcode too. i think ill just move on slower heading in the direction of the last received position. this will make the movement a bit choppy when it lags but when no data is incoming the game has to stop anyway.

i feel that if i manage to handle the entites right. i have done the hardest part.

my target is to get the 10 players into the game able to walk around like in wc3 with their own avatar. this already worked in my previous system pretty good but with more players joining it becomes a mess handling the entities.

ill keep you updated, thanks for rating this thread and your nice comments. this keeps me motivated on top of my own motivation to realise this game i have in mind!