hey there, thats what i mean. locally it can not work but for entities created globally this was even new for me.

the game we are making is aimed for dsl primarily but it should run with isdn or even modem as well at the client side. the server will need dsl cause of the high upload value.

the connection the host had was a weak dsl, with some problems. he had 25kb upload though, that should be plenty for the data the game sends(2 vectors 4times a second). download is 75-100kb i think but that should be totally okay. the problem was that sending stucked after some random time every ~10 seconds. for all moving entities - while i was host movement was smooth as expected. i have almost the same connection. this was probably due to some technical issues i dont know if the data was lost or delayed. the outcome was that the entity stopped when it rechead the last known position then after 1/2 second it moved on.

edit: dplay_unreliable was set to off; like standard for this tests. also iam not making an rts/fps. i do a rts/rpg kind of game every player controls an avatar like diablo but there will be lots of npcs walking around and fighting.
thats why i try to keep updates low from the beginning. because in total i think ill have around 50 moving entities at a time average. players will be limited to 10. 5 on each team. each on of those 5 needs data from half of the total entities. so lets say one player needs data of ~30 moving entities average. all that with ent_move on the server (i switched from c_move because its faster) sent to the clients.

Last edited by ulf; 05/16/06 10:41.