23.05.06 just a little update tonight. i was in erfurt the last weekend, it was a very nice visit. lots of old little medieval buildings, a bridge where on both sides are houses so if you walk in the middle you dont notice that its a bridge. was very nice, i can recommend it to you.
then when i came back i finally got the result of the last test i wrote and i passed it! it was hell of a test and i didnt thought it turned out this way but this is very good news for me!

i did a little work on the project today. what i did was fix the spawning. because i set nosend to off. i had to make shure that at the client the other entities are correctly displayed. so i sent the coordinates whenever a new player is created to all clients. this is done with a ent_next while loop inside the players action at the server just bevore the statemachine enters the while(1) loop.

i also implented an idea i had while ago. our starter will generate a unique id and pass it to the server via -d parameter. then all clients have to start their instance of the game with the same unique id in the -d parameter. if they dont they get booted.
this way i assure that only the right players can join the right game from our launcher. at least i think so at the moment

so now to sum up, the chat works, joining/leaving, entity player creating and simple player movement.

the next things iam gonna do are probably some fun ones. i think ill implent the basic stat system and the inventory next. maybe ill even add a little npc and test some fighting system ideas.

theres plenty left to do for me. another thing i gotta to soon is implent the level load for xpresso's outstanding editor ipagED.

ill let you know once i get the next results. oh and i have to keep my promise and post my movement code here. ill comment it a bit better soon and do so.
until then, have a nice week!