30.05.06just did a load test. what i did was place 63 spiders in the level with a simple script from the aum. then i send all positions of them with:

vec_set(my._receive_x, my.x);
my._receive_z = 0;
send_skill(my._receive_x, SEND_ALL | SEND_VEC | SEND_RATE | SEND_UNRELIABLE);

and move them on the client with this data. dplay_entrate was set to 4.

this is what i get with 2 clients connected.

as you can see the kiloByte per second is at around ~10! when only 1 client was connected it was at ~5 wich makes sense.

no my dsl has only 25kb upload and my target is to get 20kb at average during gameplay maximum. so dsl players can host a game.

the problem is in the final game there should be 10 clients. so i would end up haveing 50kb upload with the current code. i probably have to lower the dplay_entrate and see how this works.
shure 60 entities moving at once is worst case but can and will happen in the game.

maybe some of you found this interesting or have suggestions how to lower the send load. this is also why i requested send_skill_to. as players only need to receive the data of the entities they currently see this would in my case mean every player only needs the data of around 30 entities at once thus cutting the upload bandwith in half!

in warcraft 3 with around 80-100 moving entities at once in a game i get like 5kb-7kb average upload as host... i wonder how they do it. i guess they use this system so they only send movement data to the clients who really need it and not to all. like we currently only can do with send_skill ):