02.06.06 okay i got it working now. what i did was just sent the item wich a player wants to drop to the server. the server checks the players inventory if he really owns the item. then he drops it with ent_create.

i do this in an ent_next loop with a sleep(0.5) (thanks to firoball for this idea). so with sleep the ent_next loop doesnt take too much ressources. so whenever the skill player._want_to_drop is set to a number. the server checks if in the players inventory is this item with the number. then it ent_creates. the item on the ground where the player clicked.

this is saved in player._drop_x and player._drop_y btw.

it works really good! players can now pick up and drop items from the world. the next things i have to do is make this rough prototype better. so it works with more items. and players can change the positions of the items in the inventory. after this i will make a smaller inventory for stackable things like arrows, potions and so on.

then iam ready to make the player equipment system. so he can equip armor and so on. when thats ready i thought i will have to make the stat calculation depending on what the player is currently carrying.

two things i dont like is that you cant supply a function with an argument when using ent_create so ent_create(str_model, nullvector, function(argument)); doesnt work ):

another thing i really fear is that i will run out of entity skills pretty soon... well maybe i can optimize a bit but i really think this will be a big problem to deal with.

anyways i whish you all a nice weekend. laters!