Quote:

Basically, I also think that MED is fine as is, concerning features. There could really be more, but there don't necessarily have to be. What MED seriously needs though are workflow improvements (see my previous post)! I regard the following as absolutely necessary:
- Depth test for polygon/vertex selection
- Adjustable vertex click radius, or at least a bigger one than is currently implemented
- A working undo-function! The current one often randomly stops working o_O
- Automap-methods; these are planned anyway, according to the forecast
- Camera movement like in WED! Currently, MED doesn't even know of the third mouse button / wheel O_O

Just my two cents, as always.
May we have a response from Conitec?

Work flow improvements is certainly a must. I've provided some other suggestions as well that could improve workflow:

1. Have all tools in all modes have tool options. Also, have it so that the user can manually type in values for better user-friendliness.
2. Have a side banner on the left that is similar to WED. This side banner should be where any tool options, snap settings, etc. are displayed. This way, they are easy access.
3. Creating UV maps should have a feature to set the texture scale (rather than just a "best fit"-only method), like with WED. This is especially useful for MDL terrains with tiling textures to line the textures up.
4. Vertex click radius - make it adjustable. I've suggested this several times, and it's been even 9 months or so since I first came up with it.
5. The undo function is grade F. Yes, quite often, it doesn't even work at all. Not even pressing the usual control+Z works as it should be set automatically as with WED.
6. I support the camera movement in WED idea. I once tried making an animation using MED (and taking dozens of screenshots), and the camera positioning is almost always inaccurate which made it more difficult.

Things for MED need a major change. When the 6.4 update is released as an official update (rather than a public/private beta), much more focus should be spent toward MED.

In my 2D game, I figure that, if something is configurable in any way, provide configuration options for it. With this in mind, virtually everything in my 2D game is configurable in some way. MED should use a similar system as well (and not just MED, but WED and SED as well).

"You level up the fastest and easiest if you do things at your own level and no higher or lower" - useful tip My 2D game - release on Jun 13th; My tutorials