Hi Pappenheimer,

Yes, we need a good story. There are parameters already set within which the story needs to be unveiled. However, for the time being, I just want to see what writing talent is out there. The writer who gets the job will see the complete design document and know the constaints to work within. Part of the writers job will certainly be to flesh out the characters, and we want to give him or her the professional and creative freedom to do this. I have basically just set a canvas to work on.

Quote:

This could mean that there are findings from the destroyed civilization which have no meanings anymore within the super-future fantasy world, like for instance a 'no parking' sign.

Yes, that's right.

Quote:

As an educational title the game's target is a special part of knowledge, as an entertaining title it should involve more feelings than just success in learning. An entertaining title tries to evoke emotions which are connected to life as a whole. (That's why we were told at school that the core of novels and movies is always about love and death.)

Because it is an educational game the pedagogical side is of prime importance, but we don't want to bor our players, like most educational titles, either. I know a lot of teams wouldn't worry about taking a writer on board, and just have the game designer do it. However, as you say, it is very important evoke emotions in the person being entertained. Good writers do this better than anyone else.