This story from Magnatolia:

Quote:

Nyara found herself standing in a sunlit field surrounded by towering trees. Her companion, a weasel named Cui basked atop a small tree stump. Before her lay two mushrooms, one with a sign telling her to eat it, the other a sign warning to not touch it. And yet she felt a force compelling her to approach the mushroom with the warning. Cui watched in horror as Nyara approached the cursed mushroom.

“Don’t touch it.” Cui threw himself at her and grabbed her feet.

“Looks so you yummy, Cui.” She pulled herself along the ground, ignoring the protesting Cui who still clung to her feet.

Nyara grabbed the mushroom, and giggled. “Mine…all mine.” It wasn’t until Cui squealed and scurried up her legs that she noticed the cloaked figure approaching.

“Ahahaha. Your foolish human greed has cost this world greatly, and everybody who lives here.”

Horror washed over Nyara’s face. “Who are you? What do you want?” She petted the fretting Weasel.

“I am your worst nightmare. Bear witness to the powers of Calef. Now watch as I remove the English language from existence.” He held out a leather book flicked through the pages. Thousands of words swarmed out of the book, blowing in all directions. Nyara tried to speak but no words came forth.

Calef rose up into the air, and began chanting, a strange ominous sound that left an odd ringing sensation in Nyara's ears. All around her, trees began to change. Vines wrapped themselves around trunks. Animals began to change, turning into strange creatures, snarling and snapping.

“Oh how I love a good hunt. I will give you a small chance to repent for your crimes. Find me and I will turn your world back into its pretty state.” A small sword and shield magically strapped themselves to her back. The book of english lay beside her, its pages devoid of words.