Quote:

Apart from that I don't like the idea of being someone's Ken barbie doll to play around with

Man, what a terrible way to live your life.

Quote:

oow wait it said 'in his image', then God must have a very colorfull skin, a gigantic diverse split-personality and be both good and evil at the same time. That is, if we are still being made 'in his image'.

This is like me asking, if the sun is really a ball of fire millions of miles away, why is it a small spot hanging over my head. You're looking at it with an irrelevant point of view.

This reminds me of a children's story I once read. In the The Last Battle by C.S. Lewis there are these dwarves in a barn with the main characters. The main characters are calling out to them, and even though its bright as day the dwarves claim they can't see a thing. When the main characters try and feed them some of the delicious food, and wine, the dwarves eat some and spit it out saying, "Why would you feed us hay." Finally Aslan stops the characters and says, "Some people blind themselves to the truth, and there's nothing that can open their eyes." Quite a poignant statement, me thinks. And since some of the people on this forum will believe anything a philosopher says, it must be true! I can just apply what Lewis wrote to anyone I want, and I'm right! Its amazing how that works.

Quote:

I would like to have a little chat with God about this statement, because this statement hardly goes considering all the 'mysteries' surrounding God's existence in the first place. Reveal thyself and I will believe thy exist.

Hm. I'm not going to respond to this, because it would be pointless. But I do have to say, "Hm."

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."