If things..especially complex things could come from nothing (as opposed to apparent nothing), nothing in the physical universe would make sense scientifically. Cause and effect would coincidence as opposed to fact, mathematics practically moot as a tool of understanding the patternities that make up our universe.

If things could spring from nothing, that could just as much prove the possibility of an omniscient creator (an all powerful god) as it could disprove it.

How?.. If things could spring forth from nothing.. then it could be argued that a first being.. sprang from nothing.. and created the universe.. from nothing using only his magic..

I suppose I could submit that noncomplex things come from "nothing".. but then how do you explain the more complex things that exist in our universe.

I could be persuaded to believe that the subatomic quarks that make up earth and humanity couldve sprang from nothing (tho I believe they are composite of still lower levels of composition that we have lazily classified as nothing) but the molecular arrangements that compose me..my car..the food I eat..the animals that were my food?.. These things are far too well designed to have come from an infinite nothingness and have come to be without influence.. just as nothing we've created couldve come forth without our making it.

Either way, we're still too young to do anything but guess. Things like simple springing forth from nothing just so we can feel a sense of complete understanding (a false sense)....as well as us writing everything we cant explain of as made by an all powerful magic being.. prove that taking on such a large scale inquiry..even for us is.. the same as cavemen trying to pin point a murder suspect using DNA evidence.. even though I'm probably being too generous still with that parallel.

IMHO, all of humanity have the wrong ideas about creation.. our origins, orthodox scientists, the deeply religious, athiests.. you all have exactly one thing in common: You bend and twist fact to suite your belief.. and to those who believe as you do, it makes as much sense as they need it to..but where your positions dont make sense you cannot hold it up consistently to all tests (mostly because we dont have all or nearly all the facts and wont know whos right, who isnt right, or if anyone is right at all until we do,..whichll be a long time from now).

The only people who truly know something in this world..know that we know nothing at all.

I'm ICEman, and I approved this message.