Quote:

Yes, but it's pure arrogance to assume that
A) such an infinite higher plane is in any way connected to our minds (souls)
B) that this unimaginable existance is in any way sentient, or able to communicate to human beings.
C) ancient writers were totally aware of it's nature.

Isn't it arrogance to assume that you know for sure that those things aren't true? I mean, you can say you haven't been convinced, but to say for sure that the belief is arrogant, would be arrogant for the same reason.

Quote:

In addition, since such an unimaginable infinite plane has been admitted to be a possibility, having no source (since it is infinite) then one can just as easily state the possibility of:
A) An infinite universe in all dimensions

You mean a universe that infinitely large? And infinitely old? Or am I mistaking what you mean?

Quote:

the 'big bang' being a tiny, perhaps commonplace natural event with a cause from many many quadrillion lightyears away.

If the big bang is the beginning of our universe, then where is this other source? What I mean is, quadrillion lightyears away already implies something within our universe. You would have to say that the universe created itself.

However, this is a whole lot of speculation. Which is fine, because I speculate that my God exists, but speculation shouldn't be considered scientific, although now if you slap the word theory on speculation it automatically becomes true and unquestionable. But, anyway, that's my response to this. It COULD have happened this way. It is physically possible, but I see no valid reason to assume it was. Especially when we haven't been able to observe cosmic evolution in the least. If the universe is infinite, then it was created that way, with no beginning, which would maybe imply we were created by an intelligent designer.

I don't know if I missed anything, but there you go.

Last edited by Irish_Farmer; 06/26/06 03:26.

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."