Quote:

If I were god, I sure would be annoyed to be worshipped by masses of people who did not look for a greater truth and did not delve deeply into the vast universe of creation. I would want them to prosper, grow and expand to their maximum potential, to become God-like themselves and not to fall into group-think, or blindly obedient to a small set of rules.

Infact, that's the irony here. What If there really is a God out here somewhere then I'm sure those blindly obedient people A.) are wrong about a lot of things, far more wrong than right and B.) I wonder how that God's reaction would be when he finds out that they are worshipping a none-existing clone God instead of Him hehehe... Revenge is sweet, or?

Quote:

But at least quoting rock and roll in a philosophical discussion is a lot more 'enlightened'. You're representing atheism pretty well here, A Russell. Keep it up.

Oww, I thought the avarage atheist according to the church listens to death metal and worships satan? Isn't that what you've been told? Not? Oww, now that would be a definate first!

Quote:

Well let's assume He is for the moment. That causes a glaring paradox, because God already exists as a physical being, but He created the universe. Well how can He create the universe if it must already exist for Him to be physical?

There's no paradox, since this can be explained. There's either no God(most likely explanation), or He didn't create the universe(ooww, and then what? God's God? -> thus there can be no God at all..) ... If He isn't physical, well that causes some paradoxes... How can a none-physical being influence the physical(science more or less ruled out 'magic', so try again ), and how could we know or tell this, since we can't notice it. Again, the most logical explanation is that he doesn't exist.

Quote:

Isn't it arrogance to assume that you know for sure that those things aren't true? I mean, you can say you haven't been convinced, but to say for sure that the belief is arrogant, would be arrogant for the same reason.

It's definately NOT arrogant to state we don't know and think you are wrong, it IS however very arrogant to think your God exists and you know this to be true as a fact, because you do seem to claim this...

You've turned this argument around, just like the 'why would I believe in a God without any evidence' argument of me earlier(different thread I think). You've also stated that you could believe for exactly the same argument, that's very odd reasoning imho.

If we don't know something at all, you can't go claim what you wish to be true, that's ignorance's finest and plain arrogance. Truth is we don't know, stating otherwise either requires the proper evidence of proof, or would simply be the arrogance of stupidness.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software