Quote:

Are you suggesting that since these things had to be relearned after the greko-roman era, they did not know them? Look up greek or roman science. Google it.

I wasn't talking about all of those examples, just some things. Specifically universal entropy. Very recently, people thought the universe could just go on the way it is now for all eternity.

And I'm not going to research all of Greek and Roman science just for the few examples that are even relevant. If your claims aren't based on your (possibly faulty) memory, or they actually have a source, then you should be able to provide it. I don't ask evolutionists to back up all of my creationist claims for me.

Quote:

The reason we had to relearn these things is quite simple. The rise of christianity combined with other factors destabilized the roman empire, most documents were thus destroyed. Next, the church's ascension after the decades of ensuing chaos allowed it to clamp down on scientific development (which would challenge it's assumptions) through limiting education and literacy to priests. This went on for centuries.

I looked up the fall of the roman empire and it appears stagnation had more to do with it than anything else. But that's an internet search, which I'm sure is no more reliable than whatever atheist christian-bashing site you got your information from.

In school, they focused more on the peak of Rome than its fall. But I'm sure they didn't attribute the fall of an entire empire to christianity, while ignoring all of the economical, political, environmental, social and etc. issues that apparently were overridden by christianity because its such a huge influence. You can't see it, but I'm rolling my eyes right now.

Quote:

Next, the church's ascension after the decades of ensuing chaos allowed it to clamp down on scientific development

In what way? This claim is so vague, that I wouldn't even know how to take it except I'm sure you have a distaste for anything to do with God (as is apparent by your use of language).

Quote:

through limiting education and literacy to priests. This went on for centuries.

Exactly, when God and the bible are put in the hands of regular people, it reduces the abuse of the bible. God was never meant for the powerful few. That's a good point.

In many cases, literacy was kept down so that people couldn't read the bible and know that certain things that were happening were wrong.

Which church is this by the way? You wouldn't be referring to the Roman Catholic church would you?

By the way. Are you a member here who keeps forgetting to log in? Or just a drifter?

Last point, what does any of this have to do with the discussion?

Last edited by Irish_Farmer; 07/15/06 21:42.

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."