Quote:

But turning water into wine really isn't that important. How about a bigger one like healing a blind man that everyone knew had been blind his whole life? That's not a copperfield-style trick, you'd have to claim that its a lie.

If copperfield came and healed my cousin who has been deaf her whole life, I would be truly stumped as to how he could fake that.

Well yes off course this would imply a lie or a trick too. It's possible to fake to be deaf, possible to fake to be blind too. However, faking to be blind is something that's harder when everybody knows the person for like forever. Anyway, it's very possible to trick people. Even Copperfield once or twice might have used a "random" person from the public and did a certain trick, which can only be succesful, when the person from the public is actually an insider and compagnon.

I'm only stating that it's possible to trick people like this, I'm not saying it must have happened this way, there's no way in knowing this.

But to me, this is more than just a possibility anyhow, considered all the other lack of solid proof. So yes, I'm biased maybe, but for good reasons.

Quote:

By this reasoning I can prove the koran wrong. How? Because the bible says otherwise. But this, like your statement, just begs the question. Contradicting beliefs aren't very good proof.

That's also a reason why any text about 'history' can be very questionable. It's also not any different when it comes to the bible, so basically this argument is valid. Yes, contradicting beliefs are not good proof, they proof nothing, however extra caution of taking everything for granted would be in place nevertheless.

Cheers

Last edited by PHeMoX; 07/30/06 12:21.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software