Quote:

I'm only stating that it's possible to trick people like this, I'm not saying it must have happened this way, there's no way in knowing this.

All right, this is a fair point. I guess at this point we'll have to agree to disagree.

Quote:

That's also a reason why any text about 'history' can be very questionable. It's also not any different when it comes to the bible, so basically this argument is valid. Yes, contradicting beliefs are not good proof, they proof nothing, however extra caution of taking everything for granted would be in place nevertheless.

True. Really, most people aren't converted to Christianity once they're convinced the bible is 100% accurate. I suppose atheists could call this a psychological 'glitch' in the human mind, but we base our belief off of a personal 'revelation' of God which is typically brought on by reading the bible. Humphreys for instance talks about reading the gospel of Mark or someone and then becoming a Christian for instance.

For me, watching the prophecies of the bible come true, even today, is just the icing on the cake. Per se.

I've had my doubts about the bible, but in retrospect, I've noticed most of them were based on faulty reasoning. I'm not saying that I know enough about the bible to say for 100% there's no 'problem' in it, but considering that in my study of it so far I have yet to encounter one, I don't mind.

Anyway, I think we've gotten about as far in this discussion as we can. Its been pretty interesting, but I think I've said all that I can.

Last edited by Irish_Farmer; 07/30/06 20:19.

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."