Quote:

You don't have to. You just have to look at some of the behavior that love causes.

Yes, but this doesn't mean evolution is the culprit for this, bad choices are. And it's questionable wether all bad things are done out of love for someone else. When someone really loves someone else, he or she would never hurt them. They would only do so, if they became jaleous or start to hate them for some reason. So technically love doesn't hurt.

I could also say the love for God of some of us have wars as a result. I would be closer to the truth than you stating that evolution is evil my friend.

Off course when we would reasonably think a few steps back, neither a religion or an evolution theory causes bad things per say, it's the people abusing it and making bad choices.
In this respect both evolution and a religion like your own are equal as bad or good, because they both can be misused.

Apart from that prove to me that other organisms than humans do not 'love' eachother. You can't really expect that a squirrel loves like the way we do, considering the big differences, especially when it comes to consciousness and intelligence.

I'd say love is a pretty irrelevant argument, not just because while sometimes it strikes you down in a split second and you know 'wow, I'm in love', sometimes it takes time to develop, but maybe you haven't witnissed this yet.

A better argument than love would be hate btw. But there's a equal story for that.

Quote:

but then think how many of those same people believe in Love with a capital L, Human Dignity with a capital H, or Morality with a capital M.

Far from all believers are saints, so I do not understand where you are comming from. Infact you seem to state that evolutionists can't love with a capital L, believe in human dignity with a capital H and have morality with a capital M etc.? Lmao. Off course we have or can do all those things.

Quote:

I think it's interesting that many people accept evolution, but absolutely refuse to accept many of its implications in their practical lives.

What implications on my practical live? Again, we can love just like they can .. Infact it's quite arrogant of them to think they can do better, they are not saints and most of them are not acting like they could become one either...

Quote:

Certainly, parental behavior could be selected for. But that's one example out of the many other examples that contradict evolution.

Natural selection causes animals that are better at obtaining resources for themselves and their offspring to survive. In other words, selfishly keeping yourself alive especially at the expense of others is more selectively correct. Raising children would be to your benefit in this case because it propogates your genes.

I missed why it contradicts ... care to explain that a bit for me? Thanks.

(bold part) You've said it yourself, it's an advantage to raise children. But when looking at it a bit more selfish, why do we even raise them?? Not for ourselves, we could live without them, but off course our genes would end to exist with our dead.

So, apart from love which stimulates mating behavior, the pleasure involved in the process, and our parental biological clock 'saying hey you want a baby, and better hurry you've passed 35!! ', isn't the propagation of our genes that's probably the real reason for us to even make babies?

Cheers

Last edited by PHeMoX; 06/18/06 13:42.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software