two things both sides shouldnt do:

Scientists: Dont dare approach any debate mistaking science theory for science fact.

And dont percieve science as the end all to what is. Our science, as you kknow and cant dispute is accurante but very incomplete as far as the scale of things we have yet to know.

Religionists: Dont dare approach with religious texts. They contain the written word of man, which regardless of how strongly you believe the word, is subject to innaccuracy and deliberate variation.

I hate to attack on both sides but the main problem with debates over speculative subjects like God, our origins and such is that scientists use their impressive but incomplete compendium of knowledge and religionists use their holy texts and such, both poking holes in references which already contain enough incompletion and dilution to be the source of the unintelligen debates that result.

The fact is we wont know where we came from until we have all the knowledge of this universe, or close to it..and we may not know definitively if a God ever did exist or does.. because we dont even know what to look for or where to look for it! Our reference points on both inquiries arent solid enough, and no one among us wants to do whats neccesary so that all can go forth and learn the truth... we just want to prove who's right..here and now...when its simply not possible.

I dare anyone to ask "How is it that we go about finding out the truth then?".

I'm ICEman, and I approved this message.