Quote:

Yes, I've read evolutionists admitting that the fossil record has failed for 150 years to back up darwin's claims. I've read that animals that should have no genetic similarities in common have almost identical genes

I'm not sure who would claim this, unless he was totally ignorant of the fossil record, or didnt understand Darwin. Because the discovery of Archeaoptyrix, made in Darwin's lifetime, was and is seen as good evidence for bird evolution form reptiles. Thomas Huxley himself championed this fossil as proof of Darwin's theory.

The fossil record does nothing if not show that evolution occured. It also shows us HOW evolution proceeded, and gives us informations on the evolutionary descent of many existing species..such as whale evolution--through exclusively fossil evidcne, scientists now know that whales evolved from land mammals called "pakicetids" , odd-looking long-snouted ungulates.

There are of course many other examples. the fossil record is an invaluable source for evolutionary evidence and explanation.

Sicen as far beyond trying to prove that evoltion happened; all work in evolutionary biology is trying to map out exactly what each species evolved from.. check tree-of-life.org ..you can see the latest thinking on evolutionary trees, which are developed using cladistic analysis.

The idea that evolution as a concept is somehow threatened in the scientific world is rediculous and untrue--evolution is true, and is the guiding force behind much modern biology.

Sphere Engine--the premier A6 graphics plugin.