Quote:

What does God have to do with evolution or abiogenesis? Well, I guess I can see what that has to do with abiogenesis.

Why did you ask that question? It has enough to do with it, but you feel to uncomfortable about the subject "i can't proof God exists" i guess. It's a freaking miracle a large amount of people still believe in God, as if he's fact, eventhough there's absolutely NO evidence.

Quote:

But abiogenesis doesn't magically become possible just because I can't prove God exists.

Pfff my comment is ripped out of it's context anyways. You claimed before that scientists just 'guessed around a bit with no proofs', I said, take a look at yourself first .. Where's the proof for God ("guessing withouth proof" ) and where's your proof for 'scientists guessing without any proof to back it up'? That's what I said, you started about abiogenesis and evolution in your very first reply on this comment, I wasn't even talking about that.

Quote:

Well, most of these aren't universal arguments. If you said, "Antibiotic resistance proves evolution," and I responded with, "You just don't understand the bible," it would hardly apply.

Yes, indeed, however as Frank just pointed out, that's often what you're doing (not just lately).

Quote:

Why would dinosaurs and man not have been able to coexist, and can you give me a reason why without making some kind of pop-culture reference?

If you would understand basic geology and would understand the fossils that have been found, then this would be clear already. Even when you don't 'trust' the absolute dating methods, relative dating also points out that it's clearly impossible. There hasn't been a single human fossil found in the same fossil strata as any random dinosaur.

Quote:

I accept God no matter what (even if I had conclusive evidence that the bible got creation all wrong) for the same reason you reject God no matter what.

You have no evidence that God doesn't exist. No proof that there is no God. So why should I even think your position is more valid than mine?

My position is more valid, because I do not believe in things as if they are facts when there's no evidence.

It's simply stupid to believe in a flying spagetti monster from mars, when there's nothing at all, not even something slightly pointing in that direction.

Apart from that a God wouldn't make much sense either when there's zero evidence of it's supposed devine interference, how could we even know he exists? A book is a rather unreliable source, just take a look at the crap in scientology books.

Quote:

Yes, it [derived] means if the fossils make a good mosaic, you can use them as quick visual example in place of actual evidence. Oh yeah, some of them don't fit together very well, so let's resize them. And then....let's hope no one notices the huge morphological change between two of those fossils. Because their skulls have similar shapes, so that's what matters.

Obviously you have no clue.

Quote:

What if we would say that there are more white scientists than black scientists and that this thus makes us superior scientists? Yes, this makes just as little sense as your argument. It's not quantity, but quality that counts. Man, you could even come up with an argument that scientists who's favorite color is blue are more often right than scientists who's favorite color is red, it still doesn't make them superior scientists because of their favorite color, even if it's based upon 'facts' ...

Quote:

And...so when your evolutionists friends do this, its ok?

Again, just empty words, no backing up with facts. Put your money where your mouth is and show us that they even act like this please.

Quote:

If your defense of evolution is that it can't explain everything, that's pretty weak. I should use that for God from now on. I don't think I would get very far with that one.

It's not even needed as a defensive argument, but it is a fact nonetheless. Yes, I know, according to your belief God can do anything and isn't bound to any rules bla bla bla. Where are the facts about that though?

Quote:

And because I see no reason to. Is there anything I can say to you to make you accept Jesus as your savior? Ok, then. I don't feel the need to talk about it.

No, you don't start talking about it because it makes you feel uncomfortable. I hardly believe you would want to convince me, but even then if you really COULD, then what in the world would have stopped you from comming with the overwhelming evidence and crush all of our arguments in favor of evolution?

Quote:

That assumes I believe there is no evidence. I'm not a fideist or however you spell it.

I expected the evidence right about here as a reply, so you are infact a fideist believing no matter what the proof and ignoring reason as if it's irrelevant for having a religious faith.

Quote:

I never said evolution being false proves God exists.

In the context of my comment on which you've replied this I meant God's existence and his (in)ability to create life (e.g. creationism). If creationism is false, would it prove that God doesn't exist? If everything around the concept God is questionable, without evidence and false, man, come on, I mean you could go on forever like this and still claim what you like, since God's personal existance can't be proven.

It doesn't make that kind of reasoning valid.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software