Goddarn it

When will people get it through their heads that evolution is holy. Reality is holy. Fiction is holy. You are surrounded by something greater than the word God can even begin to define. The fabric of existence, the laws of nature, the love and spark of life in people and the world around us, this is a living, throbbing, wonderful place and many bright people call this beautiful .

It's so stupid, this bickering about creationism, trying to model the basis of life from a 2000 year old document.

This whole universe is a work of art. It's our job to live in it and appreciate it. Part of showing our respect to whatever forces created it is to reach out by philosophy, science, spirituality to grow out into it, to learn and observe like a child does, because that's what we are, we're confused little children looking around trying to make sense of this world in which we have manifested into somehow...

Our curiousity and inquisitiveness are our best gift, we reach out and search the heavens and the genome and down to the subatomic particles, to abstract quantum and string theories, to alternate realities in fiction and computing machines, we are doing our service to the forces (god if you want) which brought us into this glorious universe.

But seriously, this thread is pointless. I don't even know why I am posting this.

Creationism is cheap, it's tacky. Because it is a quick and stupid answer to the most glorious question we have.

This question is the fuel which stokes the geist of humanity. When we accept a stupid, one-dimensional answer of our caveman ancestors, we are not fulfilling our obligation to the forces that brought us here.

Close your eyes and you'll miss out on all the wonder.

Sadly, some people are incapable of appreciating wonder.

(whoo i channeled some william blake + carl sagan)