Quote:

Lol, it's like freaking rabbits, right? No, but seriously, how do you even think to know this? Have you lived in Australia or Europe and talked to a lot of creationists? Don't hold online pro-religious surveys for holy information please... There are not many creationists in europe as far as I know. There are quite some religious people, that's true but by far the most do not believe in creation like written in the bible. Infact in some churches they even say evolution is the work of God and say it is/was actually part of the methaphorical creation by God.

I involve myself in creation research through creation Journals, web searches, etc. They have branches in Australia, Europe, and then some countries I can't remember off hand. The branches certainly aren't as large, which is readily apparent, but creation isn't an American phenomenon.

Quote:

It's a fact alright, but absolute facts do not exist. It's specifics and details could very well be falsified contrary to what you think, thus the theory as a whole could be falsified aswell, it's no religion like yours, but science hehhehhe...

Facts can't be falsified. They're always true. It is a fact that the universe exist. We don't have to wonder if we'll discover one day that it does not exist.

Evolution, if called fact, then will be believed to be unfalsifiable. But if its unfalsifiable as an origin science, its also not scientific. Like you said, we have to be able to overturn it if we find new evidence. But if we can do that, then its not a fact.

Certainly, as a story that no one was there to witness, it would be ridiculous to not consider it falsifiable. But it isn't falsifiable. No matter what evidence we find, we can always fit it into the evolutionary worldview. Its happened many times.

The problem evolution has is, it doesn't take very much to make a person skeptical of it. This is why people get all flustered whenever anyone even mentions a discussion of contrary evidence to evolution being taught in schools. They fight it 'tooth and nail.' Kind of like what Matt said. If you can't discuss the problems with a theory, then its become a religious belief. Blah blah blah, etc.

Last edited by Irish_Farmer; 07/08/06 04:47.

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."