Quote:

How does consciousness lead to a question of morality?

How else can moral choices be made?

Quote:

Yes, except humans don't have to act on instinct (although we do quite often). We can act based on conscious decisions that literally can override our genetic code. The 'decisions' apes have to make are nothing like human social interaction. Before you say we're pretty much apes, I'll remind you that apes put their fingers in their butts and smell them, we make airplanes. Apes will pee into their own mouths, whereas we make works of art.

This is just so dumb its funny.

Quote:

Ok, so basically raping little boys isn't really all that bad, because it was socially acceptable?

Once again you completely miss the point. First of all greek pederasty didnt involve "raping little boys". It usually involved a voluntary relationship between an older man and a younger man, probably a teenager. Generally anal sex wasnt involved.

The fact is, regardless of how we view this behavior due our cultural conditioning, this was viewed as normal to ancient Greeks. As Greece established one of the great civilizations of history, this practice must not have been harmful in the long run, and may have had benefits. I dont personally approve of this kind of behavior, but so what?

Quote:

Tell me, if Hitler had taken over the world, would his version of morals have been right? I can't really remember if I got an answer to this one.

This is kind of thing doesnt even require a response.

Quote:

My family is a witness to God's love working to create love. Long story short, there were problems with my parents, and they were on the verge of divorce. However, at some point they became christians, and they also reconciled. I basically owe my life to God. Since God changed their lives through the prayers of my father's uncle, they've been a great example of love for me. I may not have experienced love yet, but I have witnessed it.

Its arrogant and silly to suggest that god takes a personal interest in your family, when so many other familes DO end in diviorce or worse. What make you better than them? Like those retarded athletes who thank god for letting them win the race, etc.

See, this is what I have long suspected. Your INSISTENCE that Gos exists, that evolution is false, etc, comes from purely emotional reasons. Why cant God help poeple even if they dont pray to him? He's supposed to be omnicient. So becasue no one knew about God until 30 AD, he didnt give a damn about anyone before that and let parents get divorces? Give me a break.

Sphere Engine--the premier A6 graphics plugin.