Quote:

How else can moral choices be made?

Moral choices are made because of our consciousness. However, our consciousness doesn't automatically set rules for us. We decide on the rules, or we're told what the rules are and they determine our behavior. But I seriously doubt that serial killers aren't conscious.

Quote:

This is just so dumb its funny.

You compared ape social behavior to humans as if it had any bearing. I know you think we came from monkeys, but that's because you're mislead. If you want to compare the ability to make choices, birds would have been a better choice.

Quote:

Once again you completely miss the point. First of all greek pederasty didnt involve "raping little boys". It usually involved a voluntary relationship between an older man and a younger man, probably a teenager. Generally anal sex wasnt involved.

A pederast is "A man who has sexual relations, especially anal intercourse, with a boy." I'm sure boys willingly asked for things to be shoved up their butt.

Either way, this isn't a really good example, because its going to come down to our disagreement on whether homosexuality is wrong. Its pretty difficult to prove homosexuality is wrong, but we can move on to more important examples.

Quote:

As Greece established one of the great civilizations of history, this practice must not have been harmful in the long run, and may have had benefits.

Yes, having anal sex, or even just getting a blowjob from a boy, or something equally perverted could have numerous benefits.

Quote:

Tell me, if Hitler had taken over the world, would his version of morals have been right? I can't really remember if I got an answer to this one.

This is kind of thing doesnt even require a response.

You can't escape your own conclusions. You've told me time and time again that our own personal societal choices determine right from wrong. So tell me, had Hitler taken over the world, would not his view of right and wrong become THE view of right and wrong, and there would be no point in questioning it? You can't escape your own conclusions here, I just want you to admit to everyone watching how absolutely twisted your views are. You keep bringing up ideologically friendly examples like Man-Boy love, why won't you answer this one?

The parallel is crystal clear. You reference another culture that has a different view on man-boy love. Why won't you discuss another culture that has a different view on the value of other people's lives?

I'm happy that you're avoiding the answer, because its obvious your own viewpoint is threatening, even to you.

Quote:

Its arrogant and silly to suggest that god takes a personal interest in your family, when so many other familes DO end in diviorce or worse. What make you better than them?

He takes a personal interest in EVERYONE's lives. I may have the advantage of good parents, but I also have many disadvantages. However, this is going to take us down a track of what effect a Godly life has on people, and that's a dead end argument with someone like you.

Quote:

Why cant God help poeple even if they dont pray to him?

God didn't force my parents to do anything good, He gave them a way to do the right thing in a world that teaches there really is no right thing to do.

Quote:

See, this is what I have long suspected. Your INSISTENCE that Gos exists, that evolution is false, etc, comes from purely emotional reasons.

Have I ever been emotional in any of my arguments against evolution? You, sir, are the one who argues with emotion.

Quote:

So becasue no one knew about God until 30 AD

No one knew about God until 30 A.D.? So then who was Jesus talking about his entire life? And who did the prophets, who predicted Jesus' coming, believe in for years and years and years before Jesus even arrived on the scene?

Last edited by Irish_Farmer; 06/18/06 21:37.

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."