Quote:

I don't remember saying that either. Their arguments are a result of our inability to agree. But disagreements, as I've said, are a natural part of life. It doesn't follow that just because two people or groups disagree, both sides are right. I think it makes more sense that in some cases (many cases actually) when two sides disagree, one side is right. Relativism does not agree with the latter conclusion. That's the debate, so disagreements or arguments are irrelevant.

You still believe in absolutes and nothing but these non-existing absolutes. I doubt you will ever find out the true meaning of relativism, since according to you everything is either A or B and nothing in between or outside these two is possible, eventhough there are infact an infinite amount of possibilities...

Quote:

Any disagreement on the part of relativists that I point out are the fact that what they say isn't consistent with their theory. I believe the theory itself is logically self-defeating. However, this is why I ask the questions that I do, because the self-defeating nature of relativism is very apparent if you ask the right questions of relativists.

What's not consistent with our theory? It's not our view and our theory that have any inconsistencies, it's your view and our theory that collide, that's something totally different.

Self-defeating? Lol, uuhm yeah, and in your believe it's either "dead or alive", right? Not that you would understand... but there's a lot of relativism in the bible you know ...

Quote:

A lot of atheists are anti-christian. A lot of atheists are 'relativists'. It doesn't follow that all relativists are opponents to christians.

Oww come on, give me a break ... Generalizing is one thing, but please do so based upon some facts, which you are obviously not.

We are not anti-christian at all, we just disagree on what they believe, because we have good reasons to do so. It's not simply our opinion, it's based upon facts and evidence. I even dare to state that we know the christian views or most of them are in error. Again, show me one piece of evidence that God exists, proof to me that all science is wrong, proof to me that God has influence at all and is able to help in any way whatsoever, and then I'm talking about being able to do more than just be a 'invisible ear' when talking to yourself again ...

Cheers

Last edited by PHeMoX; 06/24/06 00:09.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software