Quote:

You need to stop trying to be sophisticated, becasue it doesnt work.

I am once again floored! You have wowed me with your brilliant observations.

Quote:

Please please read first an answer as a whole, then think about it, and after you get the coherence and relations within the thought (or thoughts) and what is meant, then answer!

My last two posts were about that 'relative' does NOT mean 'arbitrary'!

You said, "Your imputation is that relativism is something which makes anything arbitrary - and that is wrong." So I was responding to the "meaning" that relativism makes everything (actually just truth) arbitrary, not that relative means arbitrary. Relativism does make everything arbitrary. But relative doesn't literally mean arbitrary.

Quote:

The only responses that I get by you show that you completely ignored or missunderstood nearly anything that I wrote!

I thought I was responding literally to every word you wrote down. I make it a point to try and read an opponent's post as thoroughly as possible.

Quote:

[Your way of arguing makes no sense at all. What you are doing is more like a reflex movement.]

I've tried to establish why, logically, relativism is self-defeating, and that you guys probably aren't even relativists.

The only response I've gotten is, "No, relativism isn't self defeating, there are no absolutes." And, "You're not understanding my words."

So your way of arguing makes no sense to me. You guys won't admit that you're either hypocrites (you take absolute positions on things when there are no absolutes), or you won't admit that yeah, some of the really bad things people have done, technically aren't bad.

Last edited by Irish_Farmer; 06/24/06 22:14.

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."