There are about seven posts which amount to the same, tired, irrelevant argument that people disagree. How many times do I have to say that it doesn't matter whether or not people disagree?

Quote:

Really, from the dummy's perspective, what you seem to be trying to do, looks more like a setup for some form of "catch the stupid" trap.

It may seem that way, but all I'm asking people to do is pick a side. Which they seem completely and utterly incapable of doing. They avoid my question at all cost, because a relativist who isn't completely out of his mind can't answer it without making himself sick. Many of you have 'answered' it by giving me your opinion of Hitler. But I'm not asking your opinion of Hitler and what he did, I'm asking what your perception of the truth of his morals are.

Quote:

If Hitler had won, and at the time he just so happened to be a Confederate general, killing "subhumans" that don't make good slaves, might now be the "right" thing to do. If I take everything out of context, including myself, Hitler and slavery are at the very top of the "right tree", and when mixed together, are like peanut butter and chocolate...two great tastes that taste great together.

There is no gradient of right and wrong when it comes to relativism. There is no 'right tree'. Its all relative. Hence, relativism.

But it sounds like you're saying its easy for us to say slavery was wrong, as long as we aren't a dictator like Hitler? That's kind of fuzzy logic. As I recall, the confederates weren't Hitler, and they still thought slavery was ok. What makes you more right than them?

Quote:

So, your idea of relativism is wrong.

Ok, you made a claim, now can you back it up? I pulled an exact quote of the definition of relativism. I can post it again if you want. You can argue my definition of relativism, but you can't escape its implications unless you can prove I'm somehow wrong about it.

Quote:

and that is exactly what I discribed as a completely wrong way of discussion, because you take it literally, you can't get the thought.

I'm sorry, you're not my girlfriend so I'm not going to translate what you 'meant to say' out of what you actually said.

I don't really see many other ways to take what you said. If you feel that there's an underlying thought to what you're saying, and you want me to grasp it better, find a better way to communicate it.

Can I get an answer to the question? Was Hitler absolutely wrong, or was he only relatively wrong? Or-Is racial slavery absolutely wrong or is it only relatively wrong? Its a simple question.

If you have a problem with my definition of relativism then please point it out. Don't just say, "You're wrong."

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."