Quote:

Relativism holds that all truths are relative to the people holding them. But in order to accept that belief, you have to believe the absolute truth that all things are relative. Don't you think this is contradictory.

Nope. I don't have to believe that "absolute truth that all things are relative", because there are still things which are unrelated, I see them, but I can only manage them, when I ignore them and rely on other things insteed or when I act 'as if' they are related.

You can proceed trying to find the final contradiction, but most of philosophical proofs lead to paradoxes. If we had eternal lifetime, this might worry me, but life, as it is, urges: when you have a baby you can't begin to study to find out the best pedagogical approach, when you are working you have to take in account the time and effort and money as conditions of your thinking and acting.

[If you love to discuss only for fun, and not because you think there are points to be considered because of our lifes, then I'm wrong within this thread, because I was already bored 20 years ago, when it came to these sort of discussions which had no strong relation to reality.]