Quote:

But if relativism isn't absolutely true, then that means there are absolutes. So you're still wrong.

I tend to agree with you here Irish, relativism can't be absolute, hence the word relativism off course ..

It's also useless to call relativism's existence absolute, since it isn't, it's one of the most dynamic things in the god blessed world.

Quote:

These aren't bizarre extremes. If relativism is true, then its an absolute truth, and it defeats itself because it says there are no absolute truths. If relativism isn't absolutely true, then by the definition of relativism there must be absolute truths. That's not extreme, its just common sense.

These are bizarre extremes, why should something be absolute simply when it's valid? I don't see why this should be.

Relativism implies 'it can/could/will change', how can it be absolute then? Even if it, whatever it may be, changes, relativism stays valid, and by being valid it's true, but not absolute in any way. Give me an example of something relative that's absolute ... trust me, you won't find any. Infact, I'd even dare to say there are no absolutes, not even just the 'being' of things is absolute. Not even time is absolute. Not even our universe is absolute. Not even a God could be absolute.

Infact if you ask me, the word absolute doesn't quite have a meaning in the real word, when talking about the big picture of things anyway ...

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software