Quote:

Does the universe not exist?

Define exist.
Define universe.

As far as we know what we perceive as exsistance is actually an enormous amount of ridiculously tiny ...things... which act as waves sometimes and paticles at others (actually all matter exhibits wave properties anyway... which is odd to say the least), hell electrons even phase out of existance when switching energy levels. On top of this hazyness of what matter is or isn't we have things like the uncertainty principle where we can't even know exactly where things are when we know how fast their going....

And then theres the stuff behind the crazy half existing particles that's even hazier and I don't even have the half-understanding I do of basic quantum mechanics with, like string theory... super-string theory... the thought that the universe is made of Branes... quarks...

We have no clue what the universe is, how can we know it exists? Can our minds even grasp it? Is there even a truth to the nature of the universe?

As far as we know there are no absolutes in nature. EX. the fine structure 'constant' is in fact changing slowly. What does that mean? The universe is not fine-tuned, or if it is then somebody has definetly been lazy lately with keeping it so.

Everything is variable, everything is relative. There are no absolute co-ordiantes because there is no absolute origin point. Even if there was it would be impossible to chart things from it with any degree of accuracy in the long run since literally EVERYTHING is moving in relation to everything else.

Maybe you should take a look at your perfect natural machine, your fine-tuned universe created specifically for us, where the vast majority - and I mean VAST - of space is well... space. Where giant nuclear furnaces whip around crushing darknesses, drawn slowly in over millions of years... Where tiny dense spinning balls fire off streams of death. Where unexplainable bursts of massive amounts of radiation fire into the permanent blackness. Where all of this is merely another level of tiny building block to the grand scheme of things... Where everything our brains -so tailored to this tiny rock - can comprehend ceases to apply.

Then ask yourself, what do I really know? What is certainty? how can I truly believe that there are moral absolutes, that these ideas from the minds of social apes have any merit?

Logic does not apply to existance.