@Phemox.

You used some interesting words. I'm just curious, to see where you're coming from. You say that my brain is telling 'me' to be conscious. Between the 'me' and my brain, do you think there's a difference, or were you saying something else?

I'm not questioning you to argue, I just want to know what you think. Based on previous posts, I take it that you're referring to the brain, and then also to the mind.

@ex citer

Can you say what someone is going to do before s/he does it? Perhaps, but we don't have the ability to quantify such a complex thing as the brain. For instance, our brains are hardwired to want sex. Yet some people choose to be celibate (sometimes their entire lives).

You're right, the human mind can be predictable, and we are at the mercy of matter, and other influences. But that's what makes our consciousness and will all the more amazing, I think. Regardless of whether or not we were designed or evolved.

Quote:

I hate it to explain every little step to you. Think by yourself man! You could come to the same point if you had thought about my words. Annoying.

Its just a discussion, relax.

Last edited by Irish_Farmer; 10/16/06 17:51.

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."