After some thinking, I found a way to resolve the issue with getting a video to a limited extent - taking dozens of screenshots and cropping them then using virtual dub to stitch them together. 60 screenshots running at 20 fps means only 3 seconds of video, way too short for anything. I do recall a case where, if I had dozens of file_for_screen instructions, it would save as BMP and keep doing so until the file_for_screen instruction was used again where it'd save as JPG instead of BMP as indicated, but having 200 of these instructions can be quite a nusiance to work with just to work around this bug. Snagging dozens of screenshots isn't efficient either as it's very slow. With the 6.31 SED, I can much more quickly get the few hundred file_for_screen instructions needed for a video of a sufficient length.

The main issue is the file size. I don't see much sense in having a video that larger than the game itself.

"You level up the fastest and easiest if you do things at your own level and no higher or lower" - useful tip My 2D game - release on Jun 13th; My tutorials