Quote:

whoa whoa! settle down! ur obviously not getting my point in the first place im not saying that those muslims aren't being extreme, im saying that they aren't being extreme muslims, meaning they aren't doing what they do because they are super muslims, but because they think they are and are misinterpreting their own doctrines.

When do you call someone a Christian? In my humble opinion when they see themselves as being a Christian. Same goes for muslims. Try convincing a muslim extremist he's not a 'real' muslim, it won't work. Infact, it's best not even to try ...

Quote:

only bad muslims think those bad muslims are martyrs.

This really is untrue. Look in the koran, there are lines who support actions in favour of their religion, infact similar lines can be found in the bible too. If you like, I could quote some.

Quote:

those who have been unfriendly to nonbelievers get no encouragement from the New Testament, and in fact are told not to all over the place. they are just misinterpreting their own doctrines, or missing some key information.

I definately agree with your argument here, however it still doesn't make them 'not christian' in any way, because that's what you're trying to prove, right?

The difference between the Old Testament and the New Testament is quite strange to bring up too. Yes, the Old Testament may be pretty violent indeed, however I've never heard a Christian judge the content of the Old Testament and saying it's wrong or what it teaches isn't right. Instead, they wave it away as 'history', like you do.

Besides, on the extreme sides, the Old Testament is generally seen as the truth, simply because it's older and more 'authentic'.

Quote:

Probably because the bible teaches that we'll go to hell if we murder people?

Infact, the Koran teaches this too, however there are certain 'exceptions', just like in Christianity. Why else do you think it has been such a big issue in the past wether or not 'native americans' actually had a soul and really were human and stuff like that?

Cheers

Last edited by PHeMoX; 10/25/06 15:26.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software