oh dear, phemox i kno neither of us wants this to turn into an argument, so im not expecting to make u agree with me here, but just clarifying a few things.

however, i'd like to point out that many Christians do admit to thinking they were Christians once and knowing they weren't really. most Christians would agree there's a big difference between just saying ur a Christian and being one.

secondly, i can almost guarantee that any "Christian" verses promoting violence that u can find are in the Old Testament. it isn't untrue, but it isn't what we Christians believe in doing. all that God wants us to do can be found in the New Testament. if u manage to find any violence promoting verses in the New Testament, read around them for their context. many well known lessons in the New Testament encourage "loving ur enemy", lessons of humility, and even so far as to "turn the other cheek" (tho most people wont actually do this).

also, im not saying that those Christians who misunderstand the Bible and do the wrong things are not Christians. they just aren't being very good Christians. it is through spiritual immaturity that they do these things, and they need to mature by reading and meditating on the Bible more.

must dash. bed time now. not expecting u to completely agree with me, but im sure u see where i am coming from

julz

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!