Quote:

also, im not saying that those Christians who misunderstand the Bible and do the wrong things are not Christians.

Well, actually that is exactly what you tried to tell me. Sorry if not, but then I've simply misunderstood you.

@Ran_man: Believe what you like, but just because there have been wars between tribes too, doesn't mean you can justify the butchering that happened once the white people came there. If war (crimes) are a sign of savagery, then take a look at the U.S. ... I know it'll make you feel bad, that's why you wish to deny it, but those indians were victims, not enemies...

Quote:

Native American tribes often fought against each other and then when the when the early colonists came, many of the wars became focused on driving the white man out of the land.

They 'often fought against eachother' is a bit exagerated. Yes, there have been some wars between tribes, but not more than we had in that time, probably much less. Chiefs liked to boast about pretty much anything, just look at the numbers in the texts, the amounts mentioned simply aren't possible. The 'historical texts' can't be trusted 100%.

Infact, if you knew a bit more about the Maya and other tribes of that period in time, you would have known that in those times large trading networks existed, pretty much the best sign of a pretty peaceful society. When you are at war, such things are not that easy to maintain.

Blood sacrifice was part of their religion -> I'm not saying it's right, but I do agree with you that religion is a sign of savagery indeed.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software