You have some really good points FeiHongJr. I agree. The way to go would be to encourage posters to live up to a posting style that we would like to see.

On the topic:
A new forum specifically geared to getting/giving feedback I think is a good idea. But I understand the conserns:

Rad Daddy:
Quote:

part of me feels like this is not needed, because isnt the definition of Showcase 1 works in progress.

and Firoball:
Quote:

A modeling showcase could be a solution, but I'm not sure if we don't have enough sub forums already.

I agree, showcase forums should be allowed to be what their name indicate, a place where more or less completed work can be showcased, (i.e.) shown off, and well, possibly torn to shreds if it's bad, which does not happen that often.

Then there is the point made by PHeMoX:
Quote:

Mmm, but how to define a newbie?

A so-called "newbie" forum wich immediately brands the poster with the "newbie" brand is not very inviting. In fact, I would even say that no one is a beginner (newbie) in everything. The forum would have to be inviting to everone.

As Grayson Peddie says:
Quote:

Well it may not be easy to define a proper title. This includes those who don't know anything about defining main ideals, purpose of a topic, identifying a conclusion, etc.
It's all about "reading comprehension."

I agree. A more neutral and supportive title would be desireable, one that invites modelers and possibly other artists from all levels to submit their work for some (hopfully) good quality feedback from others that do similar work. There's a term for this, it's called Peer Review. Any self-respecting community that tries to improve its work and help everyone else in the community to improve has one. Perhaps that would be the way to go? The forum would invite anyone to get their work, completed or not, peer reviewed.
(Peer Review your model/sprite/animation/etc. here). The purpose of the forum would be that and only that.

food for more thoughts on this topic

Cheers,
tindust

Lighten Your Load With

DynaLights 1.0

Realtime 3D Lighting. Free Trial Version available.

3DGS 660P