@ Frank_G: I would be also very interested in such manual. Doesn't have to become a book though, that take to much time. Only thing is that I and a lot of other people don't have 3D Studio Max. However i'm saving money and in the near future i'm going to buy a modeling suite in the 500-1000 dollar range, that is if I can't learn doing it in Blender. Guess the same princepals would apply.

@ Ello: Yes that was exactly what I meant. Although there is a Sphere_doc, it doesn't learn me everything about the how when where and why sth. Sure I could replace Matt's artwork with my own scripts and models, but it takes way to much time. I don't realy understand what i'm doing without a manual. So what I can make with the sphere engine isn't going to look real good. At least not this year.

A clean start with an empty level, slowely working up to building a little demo level with all topics such as models, textures, lights, scripts, shaders covered would be awesome. I hope that Matt, while he works on the Sphere 3.0 engine in the near future, would take the time to document the steps he takes building a working level. Not the modeling part, but how he put it altogether and some tips for when using models or textures how they best apply with shaders.

@ maximo: Sphere 2.0 is compatible with GameStudio A6.40.5, or did you mean someone adapt Sphere 2.0 to work with A6.31.4? The last would be strange thing to do, because the current acknex engine version is working better.

--------------------

Anyways at least I have figured out how to measure fps while running inside_demolevel, I hit F11 and ESC. Also finaly understand why Sphere 2.0 didn't worked when I published the project. Other people don't seem to have problems with it. But on my system it didn't copied all the images and shaders to the published directory.

The last time I thought it would just happen when I build and publish the inside demo. However after trying to build and publish the outside demo the same problem occurred with the missing images/shaders.

Solved this by copy the 'images' folder + all shaders .fx's to the published directory. I should have known why my level looked so strange, because in the past with IceX 2.0 there was a similar problem, only that time with .fx files not being named right and therefore the level didn't displayed properly. However, back then it did give me a warning message.

Sphere 2.0 doesn't give me any warning about the missing .fx's problem. The only details I got was that an unhandled exception occurred within sphere_demo.exe. Perhaps this is due to the c++ debugger captured the error beforehand and tried to debug it. I don't know the answer yet.

Dusty

smile