@ Frank_G:

Yes you are right. I have seen what some people can do with MED although it takes them much more time and stress I guess. Anyways it's true, buying a expensive modeling suite doesn't make anyone an artist. That is something which should already be inside the indivdual. But, I like being creative and was actualy saving money to buy A6 Pro. However, due to the fact I bought and have options to purchase third party softwares for the features, I don't need to anymore.

Perhaps if I figure out howto model inside Blender from the tutorials I do not need to buy any commercial 3d modeling software and save the money for something important. Also I don't make a living out of this like many other people, just want to learn and understand how 'they' do it and try doing it myself for fun (but seriously) in my free time.

About the normalmaps, height maps, alpha channels. This is indeed very important. I have had many many problems before understanding howto apply model based level with A6 & Sphere 1.1 addon in the past and still make mistakes, because I have learned the most from reading tutorials or just doing stupid things until they worked and documented everything what I was doing.

My most common trouble was with:

1: saving textures formats .tga/.dds
3: create normal, height, diffuse, maps, alpha channels
3: create, tile textures and apply them on 3d objects
4: 3d models size, the grid, quant and real world
5: lighting everthing the right way

Dusty

smile