"A Map renderer for using a view as a map or radar screen, Scaling Truetype and Bitmap Fonts. Font installer for Truetype fonts. Size prediction for Truetype TEXTs. Proportional Bitmap fonts. Speed-Up of Truetype text drawing by preloading font textures. "

These are actually quite important for those looking for a good menu/hud system in their games, trust me when I say it will make things much easier, it's not flashy but it's backend stuff.

Vertex weighting is important if you plan to have the characters programmed, I've done a fair amount of bone programming for weapons, which are not organic so they don't need the weighting. However, characters, whether you want their heads to turn to enemies, arms pointing at enemies, feet bending on the ground, ect. vertex weighting is important, and in the end, just makes things easier too.

Shadows and lighting are also very important, stencil shadows don't work in my game as none of my mesh's are closed(I like to optimize models/worlds). Old school 2d shadows are my only option right now, as Sphere, if I remember right, requires your entire worlds to be normal mapped and set within the engine, also very slow(for my project type) in a large outdoor scene. So far the plans are to use FBX import and lightmap levels, and use 2d shadows for the main dynamic objects. Optional(so user can switch on/off depending on computer) softshadows for these dynamic objects would make me very happy.

Check out Silas. www.kartsilas.com

Hear my band Finding Fire - www.myspace.com/findingfire

Daily dev updates - http://kartsilas.blogspot.com/