Here is the list for Unanswered questions (quesions only)
from Aum51 to Aum58 :

======
Aum 51
======

Q: I use the access code from Aum33 in my game and it works ok.
What should I change in order to make the door move upwards?

Q: I want to use your exequte function from Aum37 by attaching it
to a clickable entity. How do I do that?

Q: I'm using your camera code from Aum2's faq. When the player turns,
the camera turns with the same speed, but I want the camera to turn
slower. Can you help me?

Q: When I run my game after building the wmb, the splash screen stays
there instead of my game starting.

Q: Your serious grass script from Aum50 is great, but is it also possible
to recreate it as a action and assign it to an entity? For example, if the
player comes close to a entity, the entity random creates the grass models.

Q: I have a question concerning your Aum21 "Thanks" game. How can I shoot a
rocket even if there is another one in the level already?

Q: I have a large sky cube because I want high detail, but I have noticed
that it consumes a lot of memory. What would be the best method of keeping
good detail but not killing the game?

Q: Is there a way to display the movement of an entity on a panel?

Q: How can I use "bounce" to set the orientation of a bouncing object?

Q: Can anyone give me a sliding doors script that I can use in together
with my non-template wdl? I need to open a number of different doors by
using the space bar.

======
Aum 52
======

Q: I enjoyed the "elevators for skyscrapers" code from Aum36. Can I use
the keys on the keyboard to go to a certain floor? "1" would take me to the
first floor, "2" would take me to the second floor, and so on.

Q: How can I move objects using the mouse? When you click an object and
move it around the object should follow the mouse.

Q: How can i have a multi-language game (English / German)?

Q: How can I create a simple 3D side scrolling player and camera snippet?

Q: I'd like to know how to set the frame rate directly. I tried setting
fps_max at 60 but I was getting 56 fps. If I set the fps_max at 70, it was
running at 66.7 or so. Classic games, like Sonic and Mario, run at 60 fps and
the frame rate is kept as is. It's either I run at 56 (too slow and a little
jerky at times) or 67 (too fast). How do I set the fps at exactly 60?

Q: I'd like to have a switch that turns on / off a light; more than that, it should pop up a text when the player is touching it with the mouse. Is this possible?

Q: I want to place a panel on the screen (2d coordinates) exactly over a special 3d position. How can I do that?

Q: In my game I have a gun model. I don't want a player model but I want the gun to be attached to the screen like in a fps game. Can anybody help me?

Q: Has anyone tried to run the engine in a frame? I can see how it would be done using panels, overlaying the areas you don't want showing - but isn't that a waste of resources?

Q: Can I display the engine version on the screen? I am a beta tester and I'm not sure what version I'm running at a certain moment.

======
Aum 53
======

Q: Have you got a small clipping range example for us?

Q: I can't figure out how to run the older Aum scripts in full screen mode. They keep appearing as a large window. How do I fix this?

Q: How can you make an entity face another entity that triggered an event? The rotation should be progressive, using the pan angle.

Q: I am trying to make a simple 'collect 10 items and win' type game but really don't have a clue about coding. I would like an audio file to play every time I collect an item and I'd like a music file and splash screen to appear when all the items are collected.

Q: I have spent hours trying to figure out how I can add jumping to your code from Aum52's workshop. Can you help?

Q: How can I let 3DGS check if the game has been started with a specific command line (parameter)? If the parameter is missing I'd like to show a panel which says that the game wasn't started with the needed shortcut.

Q: Is there any way to stop my character from going through parts of my models? if I make a table the model goes through it until it hits a certain point or it can't get around the model because it's like a barrier around it.

Q: I've made a menu for my game with an "options" section. What's the best way to save the settings so that they don't reset back to the defaults every time the game is run?

Q: I want to play a sound with a random change of frequency. When I do that, the frequency of the other sounds that are played in my game is changed as well. How can I stop that?

Q: I was wondering how do you create a button that plays a full screen movie and then, only once the video is finished, loads a level.

======
Aum 54
======

Q: How can I play several music files in a loop, one after the other?

Q: How can I highlight an object in my strategy game by moving the mouse over it?

Q: How can I run a "while" loop (every frame) for a specified number of seconds?

Q: How can I create a decent looking torch effect?

Q: Can I play an animated movie (my logo) at the beginning of the game, and then display the main menu?

Q: How can I have an object that follows the player at all times? I'd like to be able to specify the distance to the player as well...

Q: I'd like to control the ambient in my game using the mouse wheel. Is this even possible?

Q: Do you know of a tool that can create robotic speech?

Q: I want an entity to become "player" if I click on it.

Q: How can I animate a sprite using ent_animate? I can't see the animation frames!

======
Aum 55
======

Q: How do I change the "eball" snippet from Aum14 so that I can fire the energy balls by clicking a panel?

Q: How can I put a looping avi in my space simulation game, inside the level?

Q: How can code it so when the player touches a model, that model plays an animation?

Q: I am trying to create menu that isn't using the mouse. How can I "click" a button if the cursor is placed over the button and I press a key on the keyboard?

Q: My player character is blocked by an invisible box around the objects, and not the objects' shapes. I seem to remember reading that A6 has polygon precise collision; how can I activate it?

Q: Is it possible to copy the value of a variable into a string?

Q: Is there any event that happens if an object doesn't touch any other object? Or is there any possibility to script that?

Q: How can I activate a switch using the middle mouse button?

Q: How can I create a panel at runtime using the new pan_create function?

Q: How can I attach a non-animated sword to my player model?

======
Aum 56
======

Q: How do you create a button that once clicked, loads and plays a full screen movie and then, when the video is finished, loads a level?

Q: Is it possible to make the player move only to the left and right side of the screen? When I press the left and right keys, the player rotates and I don't want that to happen.

Q: How can I stop a sound which was started with media_loop?

Q: Is there a way to run an external .exe from within a 3DGS panel? If so, how?

Q: I want my "stand" animation to start playing after 10 seconds, if no keys are pressed.

Q: I have downloaded several DLLs from Acknex Unlimited, but I don't know how to use them. Can you help?

Q: What can you do with those "positions" that can be added in Wed?

Q: How can I detect the distance between the player and a 3D sound source?

Q: I'd like to have a hallway that leads to several doors; each door would load a different level. Can you help?

Q: How can I create the code for an intro / splash screen movie that can be skipped using the "Esc" key?

======
Aum 57
======

Q: When my player shoots the walls I'd like to have a bullet hole effect.

Q: Can you show me a radar view example?

Q: I have a question about the customizable user interface from Aum 39. How can I move and keep the panel where I want it even after the engine is shut down?

Q: How can I check the name of a model from within the engine (like "pizza.mdl")?

Q: I need to use two sets of controls; the movement would be done with WSAD and the camera movement with the arrow keys.

Q: I would like to add a login module to my game so that the players can create a profile with different settings. These settings would be written out to a text file so that nothing is lost.

Q: Is there a way to hide the mouse pointer while I am using inkey to input some text?

Q: I want to have a model that behaves differently if it is shot or if the player is near it and presses a key. Can you help?

Q: How do I set up a key trigger? I would like to open a door by pressing space when I am near it.

Q: I would like to have a camera that follows the player and turns with it.

======
Aum 58
======

Q: How can I have an entity that rotates towards the player slowly if the player comes closer than 300 quants to it?

Q: I'm using the compass from Aum45. Is it possible to add a little wiggle to the needle when the player moves?

Q: I'd like to create day / night transitions using a fading entity. Can you help?

Q: I'm using your maniac-script from Aum3. Can you help me by adding gravity to the evil plants?

Q: How can I lock the player inside a big room with several doors that close one after the other?

Q: I need to have a box that can be pushed by the player. Can you help?

Q: Can you show me an example of a camera that turns slower behind the player?

Q: Do you happen to have a typewriter snippet example?

Q: How can I create a health pack that can be used by the player, as well as by its enemies?

Q: Is it true that the speed of the c_scan instruction depends on its scanning range?