|| AUM 26 ||

Q: I'm making a model of a helicopter, but I want the player to be able to go inside it (similar to delta force). I have found out that the bounding box prohibits this; I'm sure there's a way around it anyone know?

Q: When I run my map all I get is nothing but a black screen with "A5" written in the far top right corner and nothing shows up, even after about fifteen minutes.

Q: I use your Resident Evil camera from Aum4 in my game and everything works swell until I move to the 2nd floor of the building. If my player gets closer to one of the ground floor cameras, it will switch to it (even though I am still on the 2nd floor above the camera). How can I fix that?

Q: Some models (quake2 mdl files) don't run properly in 3DGS; when I assign them the function "player_walk" they don't show walking animation when I walk with them. The models include walking animations.

Q: I would like to have an enemy generator; when I kill an enemy, another one should replace it and so on. Is it possible?

Q: If you want mipmaps on your model, do the skin measurements have to be a power of 2 and / or be square?

Q: How can I change the keys to jump in player_walk_fight?

Q: I get an error 041 - lightmap space overrun, but I don't see this anywhere in the manual. What does this mean?

Q: I have a var defined this way: var force[3]; let say I execute this line force = 4; will the content of force be 4, 4, 4 or 4, 0, 0?

Q: I would like to know if anyone has an example for custom acknex.wdf files.

|| AUM 25 ||

Q: I need a simple action that does the following thing: when the "W" key is pushed, the entity should cycle through its "wave" movement once.

Q: I have an animated texture on a block and it is really slow.... does anybody have any idea how to speed it up some?

Q: Can you tell me what is the function and in what file is the function that is activated by right click?

Q: I have added an entity to my level and it is named lampe_mdl_020. How can I get the values of its skills using C-script?

Q: Once you set an entity as something, can you clear it, so that character no longer equals you?

Q: Is there a way to have a sound follow an entity around as it moves?

Q: How can I create vars for entitys, like my._stupidhat?

Q: When I use the inkey command to accept user input, how can I position it?

Q: I am using ent_move for my player but anything that is set to passable will act just like a solid. What can I do?

Q: I want to make a little triangle above the enemy so you can see if he is mad or not.

|| AUM 24 ||

Q: How can I see the bullet marks created with hit_hole on all the walls, regardless of their distance to the player?

Q: How can I make that the crosshair visible at game start, without having to press the "K" key to show it?

Q: I was wondering if I could change a model's mesh depending on the video resolution that was set in the menu. This would increase the frame rate on weaker PCs.

Q: How can I create a flickering light?

Q: How can I speed up or slow down player's walking speed?

Q: I would like to change the bitmap for a panel at runtime. Is it possible?

Q: How can I get unlimited ammo for one of my weapons?

Q: How do I make the player invulnerable for 20 seconds?

Q: How do I assign a name to a player in multiplayer mode?

|| AUM 23 ||

Q: Please give me an example for a particle effect that uses beam!

Q: I would like to have different sounds for every template gun - is this possible?

Q: How can I use the mouse wheel to scroll through the weapons?

Q: I'm still searching for the code where the smoke trail for the rocket launcher is defined. Can you help me?

Q: I would like to have a counter that starts as soon as the level loads and counts down from 120 seconds to 0. How can I do that?

Q: Does anyone know how can I control the sounds volume of a certain sound? I know about sound_vol, but it controls the volume of all the wav sounds.

Q: I can open a file and write the data in it, but the new data always overwrites the old data. How can I fix that?

Q: I would like to create a camera effect; the camera should rotate around the player when I press a key. The center of the circle is the player and the camera should move around it, always facing the player.

Q: I have created an attack animation for my character; I want to play the entire animation when I press the left mouse button.

|| AUM 22 ||

Q: I can't make the emit_fish function emit in the users view direction. We want it to shoot like a gun, but it will only go in a straight line.

Q: I'm using the blades from Aum in my level. How can I make them come out of the floor? I want to have them active all the time..up and down.

Q: I like the tank code in Aum21 and I want to improve the AI for the enemy tanks. How can I compute the tilt angle for their turrets if I know the distance to the player?

Q: How can I make entity1 to look at entity2?

Q: I need some code for a fighting game. The camera should look to a point between the player and the enemy.

Q: I would like to load several levels using different strings that are set at runtime. Is this possible?

Q: How can I backup my flags and skills, before I do a level change?

Q: Does the file packer pack everything into one file, or can you set it up to create multiple files?

Q: Why and how should I use trigger_range and event_trigger?

|| AUM 21 ||

Q: Did anybody have problems with sky domes? I can see them in the list of the models in Wed but when I place them in the level they don't seem to appear.

Q: I have some hanging lights in my level that I want to look red and emit red light as well. How can I achieve realistic lighting on mdls?

Q: How do I make it so when I fall inside a hole I go to the next level?

Q: Is it possible to press a button to skip a splash screen?

Q: The sword combat script in Aum12 uses vec_for_vertex to get the vertex for player's sword. I want to use vec_for_vertex for the enemy sword as well. How does vec_for_vertex know whose vertex is it referring to: player or enemy?

Q: I have created a level with some warlocks. When I change their health and start the level, they turn around and walk back against the wall. I use the action actor_walk_fight.

Q: Is there any way to mix map entities and sprites in order to create a prefab?

Q: Is there a way to replace the skill numbers in WED with alpha - numerical text?

Q: How can I change the frames for an entity using the keys "+" and "-"?

|| AUM 20 ||

Q: I need some code that will play a specific animation when certain events occur.

Q: Why do you put this line in some of your functions?

Q: Can someone tell me how can I use Q2 models in A5? When I try to use them they animate the whole sequence.

Q: I would like to link 3 models under one action, to make a vehicle kinda like those in HALO.

Q: How do I create a switch that changes the color of a light source?

Q: Are F2 and F3 hardcoded to quicksave and quickload? I would like to modify them...

Q: I've been working on an arena style shooter similar to UT but I can't get the weapons to respawn!

Q: I have scaled my player down to 25%, trying to get a big world look and feel. Now I want to move the camera upwards - how can I do that?

Q: Is there any script to open a door with a mouse click instead of spacebar?

Q: Does anyone know a way to disable the z axis movement in Steroidz (Aum10)?

|| AUM 19 ||

Q: How can I make my player to loose energy when it comes close to another entity?

Q: When I try to build my level I get this error message: "Block outside level boundaries". What can I do?

Q: I want to open a dll in main and then close it before the app exits. When I hit esc the app just closes, how can I catch all close messages to make sure I close the dll?

Q: I know it is easy, I know it is in the manual, but can someone help me with the code to put a panel on the screen?

Q: When I save my model it's like it has a save snap that moves some vertices to the closest snap measurement.

Q: How would one scale a 250x250 panel, which only contains a bitmap of the same size, 3 times its normal size at runtime?

Q: I have a sword and when the player reaches a certain distance near the sword he can pick it up by pressing the spacebar. Is this possible?

Q: I use the Sword Combat code in Aum12 for my game. Is it possible to jump forward when I press space? If I press the spacebar the player should jump a distance.

Q: I create my terrain as a combination of level geometry and heightmaps. I want to limit the vertical climbing abilities of game characters in the heightmap area of my maps by making an invisible ceiling but leaving the skysphere visible. Is this possible?

Q: How would I use vec_to_mesh or vec_for_mesh to emit particles from say, three different vertices on a sword model?

|| AUM 18 ||

Q: When the player clicks a certain door, instead of opening it he will pass to the next level. How do i do that?

Q: I would like to see a panel with the weapons I've got so far when I press Ctrl. Can I do that?

Q: I have a train model and tracks in mdl; does any one know how to set it to follow the track?

Q: Is there a way to place an object in Wed and have the camera follow the player from that specific point?

Q: I am getting a syntax error when I try to do enemy1[0].y = 0; but it works ok when I remove the array: enemy1.y = 0. Why can't I use an entity property with an array?

Q: How do you use the push value if you want the player to move through an entity but not another entity?

Q: When a gun model emits a bullet model, does A5 automatically angle the emitting object's front position according to the main model?

Q: Is there a way to manipulate the robot2 action so that the distance of the shots isn't very far as if to use a sword?

Q: I want to make a (player) health bar that gets bigger with 5% with every new level.

|| AUM 17 ||

Q: How can I add an engine sound to the car code in Aum10?

Q: How do I create a panel that says: "press any key to continue" for every level that is loaded?

Q: How do I make my player disappear when it enters a vehicle and reappear when it gets out of the vehicle?

Q: I use the car code in Aum10 and I'd like to know how to make my player face the same direction as the car after entering it; now the car receives my player's pan value which doesn't look right.

Q: How do I do, that when the player picks up a gun, it actually holds the gun in the third person view?

Q: I would like to use the keys WSAD for movement; is it possible if I am using the templates?

Q: How can I increase or reduce player's health or armor smoothly instead of taking one big chunk of it?

Q: How do I do that when the player clicks "use" on a certain object, it moves to the next level, and restores health and armor?

Q: I'm trying to do a car racing game; what do I need to call the left, right, etc animation frames when I press the corresponding keys?

|| AUM 16 ||

Q: How can I create an action that will give the player some points and when it has over 100 points the player will be able to open a door?

Q: How can I use your cash script in Aum9 to buy a gun?

Q: How can I put in video clip at the beginning of the game and into the loading of the second level?

Q: Help! My player can't climb up the stairs!

Q: Is it possible to change the key_force to be different keys in the movement code?

Q: When my model turns I want it to turn back with the same animation but reversed when I release the button.

Q: Whenever I pick up my weapons, they are placed in a wrong position. What can I do?

Q: How can I rotate a panel?

Q: By default the Game Studio fires a white and grey trail from the enemy weapon to the player. How do you change what the enemey fire looks like?

|| AUM 15 ||

Q: How can I add another animation to your sword combat code in Aum12?

Q: How would I get a sound to initiate when an object passes within a certain radius of a model, and a different event to occur when it hits the model?

Q: Is there a way of making an invisible block which allows the player to pass through but not the enemy actors. The player still needs to be able to shoot through it ?

Q: How can i create flying enemies?

Q: I would like to click the mouse and have the mouse click go through one panel, but be intercepted by the panel below; the mouse is holding an object which is in fact a panel.

Q: I've been working on a little clock script and got all the parts to work pretty well; how can I get the names of weekdays or months to show up?

Q: Is it possible to shoot from two different vertices at the same time?

Q: Is there a script to make the background music throughout the game but I don't want midi, I prefer .wav

Q: I use the campath script in Aum6 for the intro in my game and I need to load a new level when the camera reaches a certain area. How can I do that?

Q: How can I use your random forest script in Aum12 if the level isn't centered in the origin?

|| AUM 14 ||

Q: Ok I got the blade code from AUM. Yeah it works, but it doesn't hurt the enemies. Any help would be welcome.

Q: I need code that will allow me to click and move a panel on the screen as long as I keep pressed the left mouse button.

Q: If you have a text string too big for your panel, will the engine automatically scroll it for you?

Q: How can I create a weapon that fires another model made by me?

Q: I'm having serious trouble with the level_load command. I have created a level that gives information to the player. When the function that displays this information is finished, it loads another level. The level loads, but the origional function (which is called from main) will not reinitiate.

Q: I'm trying to replicate a church in Italy. I want to have very clear looking images. I'm getting an error that says the sprite file size is too big for my video card. How can I insert these paintings and windows efficiently?

Q: Is it possible to have sprites in a compiled map entity? When I compile a map entity with a sprite in it, the sprite just doesn't show up after loading the wmb file.

Q: How can I use the vbar command?

Q: I start a level, add my terrain to it, save my work and build. I get an error: ca'nt read interim file xxx.$$p. What's happening?

Q: Is it possible to use an animated gif, or any other animated picture file, as a splashmap?

|| AUM 13 ||

Q: I have downloaded some plant models but when I put them in a level they have a strange black frame around their leaves. What should I do?

Q: How can I deform things and persons?

Q: How do you get a pcx file to play without morphing an entity into the pcx?

Q: I am searching for a script which blurs the textures when you come closer to them. When you walk close to a building the wall will blur so you don't see the texture as ugly blocks.

Q: When I test my level and I move upwards, it starts to fly. How do I prevent this?

Q: How go I get each entity to follow its own defined path?

Q: I want a script that will rotate a camera around the origin (0,0,0), 45 degrees per click. Could someone help me?

Q: Anyone knows how to load in a bitmap during runtime?

Q: I attach weapons to my actors; how can I remove the weapons if the actors die?

Q: How can I have a progressive zoom using your code in Aum11?

|| AUM 12 ||

Q: What is the difference between "smoth" shadows and regular shadows?

Q: How can I make it so that when I touch a cd it will take me to the new level?

Q: I have the standard version of 3D Gamestudio so I cant import terrain files. I could use models; is there a way to make my terrain model not passable, so my player can walk on it?

Q: How do you make actors that have skin animations (a character blinks his eyes or opens his mouth)?

Q: Can someone give me a script that moves an entity using the arrow keys, but it does not move the camera anywhere?

Q: I need the cursor to change when I scroll over an npc. Can you help?

Q: I use the "pathcamera" code in Aum6. I need to stop the camera when it reaches the last point in the path.How do I do that?

Q: I'd like to keep the bullet hole marks on the walls - is it possible?

Q: I have a few models and I need them to walk using the walk frames; I also have a character that has a "stand still" animation. Do you have some code?

Q: How do you check if the player has entered a certain street?

|| AUM 11 ||

Q: I try to paste your code from Aum but I get errors about missing vars, etc; what should I do?

Q: I'd like to know how much video memory eats a texture of a certain size:

Q: I need some code that will show a panel above my npc when I click on it. Can you help?

Q: I like your Resident - Evil camera code in Aum4, but I was wondering if you could tell me how I should do if I want the cam to be frozen, and not follow the player.

Q: I have played around with the menu system in Aum8 and it works fine. However, when I include my level named "Level1.wmb" I get player_move - action not found, etc. I'm not sure how you should tie all the elements together for my level to run when you click on "New Game".

Q: How can I make an enemy take more shots to kill than another?

Q: I have created a function which counts the seconds the game is running at the end of the main function. The time already starts running when the splashscreen is displayed. How can I avoid this?

Q: What exactly does animdist do?

Q: What is wdfc.exe and what can u do with it?

Q: I bought the "100 3D Actionmodel-pack" from Sybex, but some models are too big for my project. I have tried to resize them in Med, but when they started their action they suddenly changed back into their "normal" height. How can I make the models smaller?

|| AUM 10 ||

Q: I'm working on a multiplayer game which is working fine starting through WED if I use -sv, -cl etc. How do you go about coding the startup files?

Q: I like your footprint code in Aum9; how can I change it to create footprints only when the player is outdoors?

Q: How can I make that my enemy hear sounds and attack me?

Q: How can you define a variable for a certain entity and then change its properties?

Q: I have started to play a wave file by pressing the space button in my action. The wave file plays once from beginning to end. Can I stop it somehow before it ends?

Q: I am trying to create a speedo for my game. I would like to use 2 panels; the first is the clock, and the second is the needle that indicates the speed. I need to make the needle rotate or 'roll'. Is this possible with a panel?

Q: Can you change a Map entities texture by script?

Q: I was wondering if there is a way, instead of deleting the particle when the particle life expires, but to delete the particle when it passes a certain position or becomes X far away from where it started?

Q: I'm using Geometricks' attach_entity function. I did a generic attach statement, but my models were scaled, so the guns did not line up correctly. Can I scale the guns via script to match a model scaled in WED?

Q: Is there a way for a (template) enemy to slowly fade from existence after a certain time and then remove itself?

|| AUM 9 ||

Q: I need some code for a vertical mirror - can you help?

Q: You make the second level in a game and use the same script as before. When you click run, does it always have to go at the beginning of the game?

Q: In my game the camera passes through some of the walls from time to time and I want these walls to disappear when this happens. What should I do?

Q: I have windows Xp and I tried to run the office level. I did not modify it. I just opened and tried to run it. This is what I got: Engine malfunction w/30/ <OFFICE.WMB>can't open file

Q: I started learning WDL and I made a pong-like game with the help of Rémi's tutorial. I want to make a block that sinks 10 units in the ground or disappears when it is hit by the ball.

Q: I cannot get that 'camera follows path' code snippet from AUM6 to work. Any step by step guide would be much appreciated.

Q: Is there a way to make the m16 bullets travel farther?

Q: I know that you have to press "k" for the crosshair but in which script is it defined so I can change it?

Q: When I pick up a weapon it isn't placed ok. How do I change its position in first person perspective?

Q: Is it possible to have make a multiplayer game where different players are in different levels (maps)?

|| AUM 8 ||

Q: I'd really like to know the best method of setting up my gun so that the bullet has a smoke trail but not the standard square blocky pixels.

Q: I have a snipe action in the main wdl of my game and i was wondering how to go about making it so you could only snipe if you have a gun number 5 or higher.

Q: When I press the right mouse button I move forward. How can I get rid of this?

Q: I want to add infrared vision to my game. How can I do this?

Q: Please help me animate an entity this way: when I press "J" the player would jump and play the jumping animation frames.

Q: When I do a level change, the player does not bring his gun with him. How do i solve this?

Q: Is it possible to have a enemy model blow up different then me? For example i blow up with flames and the enemy blows up with smoke.

Q: How can i create a traffic light that has green, yellow and red lights?

Q: Which is a better format to save textures and panel bitmaps as - BMP or PCX? Is there any display speed difference at all?

Q: I am pretty new at panels; what is a window? I have read the manual over and over and i still do not understand what a window is.

|| AUM 7 ||

Q: How can I add a 1st person camera to your cameras in Aum4?

Q: I've declared a bmap and am showing it through a panel. The bmap is true color but whenever I display it the image looks like it has only 16 colors! How do I fix this problem?

Q: How can I adjust the palette for my models? I have converted some MD2 models to MDL but they look weird when they're in the game.

Q: Is there a way I could play a piano in my game? I could use the numbers 1 - 0 to play it.

Q: I'm a newbie and I don't know how to use weapons. Please help me!

Q: I tried to develop some code that gives the choice of choosing the type of music in the game (for example heavymetal / techno) I but couldn't do it. Does anyone know how to do this?

Q: How many entity monsters (about quake's grunt size) can a5 handle at the same time; 5 -6 or more?

Q: How can I use decals?

Q: I am using Stratego as a base for my strategy game but I can't add gravity to my units. Can you help?

Q: I want my digits (in a panel) to go to the right like this:

instead of this:

Is this possible?

Q: Can I have an entity that says something like "Don't touch the guard dude!" when I come close to it?

|| AUM 6 ||

Q: I have two arch doors on a gatehouse and I want them to open both at the same time going inside in. How can I do that?

Q: I was making a roallercoaster thing but when I tried to get in to that special designed box I made where I should sit, I could not get in and enjoy the ride.

Q: I'm making a tv in my level and when you press space an invisible sprite apears and plays an animation. Please help me.

Q: How can i make the enemies run instead of walking?

Q: I want to have a reload action in my game. The player has to press a key (like "r" on the keyboard), then the weapon should be reloaded.

Q: I need to know how to program an image that moves on a panel. Can you help?

Q: In the AUM magazines, why do you put "* time" after all of your calculations? What does this do?

Q: I have been racking my brain trying to think of a way of making buildings and people cost gold or money that people or peseants gain with deposits. Could you help me with a script that would accomplish that?

Q: I was experimenting with the code for thief-like sneaking ability for characters. Do you have an ALARM action? What is the best way to write the function?

Q: I am trying to figure out a way to make a mouse pointer that changes according to its position in space. If it is above the player, the pointer should be a small hand pointing up. Northwest, a hand pointing northwest and so on.

|| AUM 5 ||

Q: I am creating a level with a huge terrain that has a lot of polygons. I would like to know how to deactivate the terrain who isn't visible to increase the fps.

Q: Can someone please tell me how to make a hbar that goes down when you get hit, but can also regenerate when you hit a button?

Q: At runtime with no player_move, I press the zero key so I can move the camera around. When I get to certain points all my entities disappear - what's happening?.

Q: I would like to know how to make a light move, change its intensity (range) and color during the game.

Q: It is possible to have multiple objects for the player? Eg. a body, legs and arms, separate objects but part of the same group so that they are controlled by the player-move script?

Q: I want to know how can I make an entity patrol a path and how do I change its patrolling speed ?

Q: How is it possible to turn a bmap on a panel in the direction of player.pan? I want to make a compass-rose.

Q: I have changed some of the template code so that it kills the player if he stays too much under the water but I want him to loose health only when the camera is under the water too. What should I do?

Q: I have an animated torch model - how do I create the code for it?

Q: Is it possible to obtain different water effects? How?

Q: I would need some code that will make the player loose health when he falls into lava.

|| AUM 4 ||

Q: I was wondering how can I create a fixed camera? Just like some shops in Resident Evil.

Q: I was just about ready to animate my model for a gun in first person view and was wondering if frames per second will matter a lot? I was probably going to do maybe around 20 to 30, is this too high or does it even matter?

Q: I need some with the scripts. I want to play a wav file when something happens or just play it anywhere in the level.

Q: How can I run a certain function when I pick up a weapon?

Q: I want to build a level where you can drive a car. I have no clue how to do this.

Q: When I put some textures on to objects (in this case marb_41) it looks fine while editing in WED, but when I BUILD it the colours go wierd... I fix this problem by making it True Colour and then save it but when I exit the WED then go back into it I have to do the same thing again.

Q: If I compile my level with preview off (ie final build) on a seperate P.C. just for compiling, when it has eventually finished which files do I copy across to my other P.C to get the 'final' build version here?

Q: How can I create a panel that says "Loading..." before loading the level?

Q: Is there any way to change the actionoff for a button so that it is triggered with a right click instead?

Q: I need some code for a camera following a path (my view in fact). I tried with patrol_path, but it doesn't work on my entity, only with another entity

Q: I'm wondering how to convert a 3D vector position (from the camera view) into a 2D panel position. Any ideas?

|| AUM 3 ||

Q: Every time I run my level it comes up with 'bad texture animation' '+01elpan' I know '+01elpan' is a texture and I know what it looks like, I just can't find it anywhere. Is there any way to find that texture on my level or to correct the error?

Q: “How can I emit particles from the surface in the direction of surface normal? I know I can get the position from ent_vertex but how can I get a list of all vertices and their normals?”

Q: I was wondering if there was a way to "nullify" the gravity in the game during a certain function.

Q: I'm currently putting together a space simulation. I need a moving starfield that moves along with the player's spacecraft, to show speed and movement.

Q: How do you get a particle to give off light? Can I call it up during the emit function? Or does it need to be a separate action?

Q: Is it possible to convert a .pk3 file to an .mdl file? If so how?

Q: I want to make a 3rd person game and I want my main character to be rather detailed. I decided to try to use sprites instead of a high poly count model. I made a test script with a bitmap and tested it. The problem is that the edges around the character do not come out transparent and any dark areas show holes. How do I get rid of this?

Q: The WDL function random(x) returns a random fractional number between 0 and x. However, from one run to the next, the sequence is always the same. Is there some way to seed the random number generator?”

Q: I'm wondering how to convert a 3D vector position (from the camera view) into a 2D panel position. Any ideas?

Q: I am trying to make a 3d adventure game and my character has a gun that shoots bubbles. How can I make him shoot bubbles?

|| AUM 2 ||

Q: How can I create a script to allow me to click an object in 3D space to select it?

Q: I like the laser code in AUM1, but when I use it in outdoor areas, the frame rate decreases a lot. What should I do?

Q: How can I create a script to pull up a panel (like a browser) to display information such as text, images, animations, etc.

Q: Is there a way to change the control or movement so that the up key is forward from the view? Where left and right were not turning or strafing, the player model faced the direction pressed and went and the camera followed accordingly. This is in a 3rd person view.

Q: I have given an action to an enemy (i.e player_attack); there is a patrol function in the templates, but I want my actor to patrol until it sees the enemy. Now if he sees the player then he should attack.

Q: is it possible to play a wav file as the music instead of midi?

Q: How can I decrease player's health during time. I'd like to decrease the health value when time goes on.

Q: I am working on an adventure game, just using the elevator, door and key actions. It really disturbs me that I can only define 4 keys. Maybe some of the WDL-Gurus can help me.

Q: Has anyone scripted a mouse sensitivity routine?

Q: I just upgraded to A5 and now the particles that used to look really cool with the MY_FLARE flag set to "ON", now look really lame. Does anyone know why this might be?

Q: How do I modify the range for the weapons?

Q: I would like to record all the actors movements (triggered by some start/stop keys) into a file. Any suggestions? What about performance, when continuously (lets say every 100 ms) writing x/y/z/rotation coordinates into a file?

Q: How do I use muzzle_vert?

|| AUM 1 ||

Q: I want to use a multi frame gun in my game like in Deus Ex or Soldier of Fortune but I don`t know how to do it. In default weapon.wdl I can only use a one frame gun.

Q: My problem is that after the game starts the sound resets to zero so that the MIDI-file is not usable.

Q: I need a wdl code for an enemy that dies and leaves a health pick-up behind. Like the enemy goes through his death and as he disappears a health pick-up generates were the enemy was laying.

Q: When I am following the tutorial and select a cylinder I just added, if I am in rotate mode, it rotates when the object is selected. When I am in scale mode, it rotates too! Is this a bug?

Q: Is it possible to make it so that if the player touches something he gets hurt and is there a way to effect how much you get hurt?

Q: Does anyone know of a good way to make rain / snow in levels, so that it will only be raining outside, so if you go in a building it isn't hitting you but you can see it thru a window or something?

Q: When I place my model into the WED it will sink into the floor. I place the origin in the mid-section of the model as shown in the sample mdl. When I remove my script from the model it will not sink I wonder what may be wrong.

Q: If I have building with several rooms, does overlapping the walls with one another help or shall I try to keep them exactly on the same grid line?

Q: How do I increase the walking and running speed of my player as in Q2 or Unreal? I'm using the template scripts for my player action.

Cheers

Last edited by PHeMoX; 11/16/06 14:16.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software